Economic Development Alliance
What are we doing?
Throughout San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, and southern Alameda Counties, there are economic development professionals who share a vision that growth in our key business clusters benefits us all. The Silicon Valley Economic Development Alliance (EDA) is comprised of cities and counties focused on achieving individual and regional economic development goals while maximizing scarce resources. They are committed to addressing business needs, whether through local government policy and streamlined permitting processes, or linking businesses to local and regional resources that add value to company innovation and growth.
Learn more about what economic development is and how it helps our region succeed by watching our video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0_XdpMq37Q
Why are we doing it?
Our goal is to provide a “one-stop concierge" service for businesses and organizations to connect with economic development professionals in Silicon Valley through our website, SiliconValleyOnline.org. The site is rich with information and resources, including:
- high-quality online commercial property listings to assist companies looking for locations in our area
- an interactive map of member jurisdictions
- resources guide for state and local tools and organizations
Leadership and members
Silicon Valley EDA is chaired by Thomas Fehrenbach, Economic Development Manager for the City of Palo Alto. Twenty-five cities and counties are members of the Silicon Valley EDA, along with participation from neighboring jurisdictions and support organizations - download the current roster here.
What are the latest developments?
The marketing team wrote and executed on a strategic plan that emphasizes participation in organizations that advance the strategic interests of the EDA and its members. We have teamed with organizations such as:
- Silicon Valley Manufacturing Roundtable
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
The EDA hosts a Broker Breakfast series to brief the commercial real estate community on development activities in our member jurisdictions. Recent events include:
- Silicon Valley East - Fremont, Hayward, Milpitas, Newark, and Union City - December 9 - Fremont
- West Valley - Campbell, Cupertino, Los Altos, and Los Gatos - October 30 - Cupertino
- South Silicon Valley - Gilroy, Morgan Hill, San Jose, and Santa Clara County - September 3 - Morgan Hill
- South Bay - Mountain View, Palo Alto, Santa Clara, and Sunnyvale - May 28, 2015 - Microsoft in Mountain View
- ICSC Alliance Program with Retail Runway on April 23, 2015 in Fremont at Pacific Commons/The Block
- Peninsula - Foster City, Menlo Park, Redwood City, San Carlos, San Mateo, and South San Francisco - January 29 - San Mateo
What are the next steps?
- Additional Broker Breakfasts in 2016
- Publishing newsletter highlighting regional events and business news - subscribe to our mailing list by filling out the form in the left sidebar
- Ongoing promotion of our region as a great place to grow a company
- Offering our members as resources to the business community through the website and other direct exchanges with key business sectors
Where do I find out more?
Contact Kara Gross, Silicon Valley EDA Executive Director, at or (408) 204-1464.