ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT ALLIANCE
What are we doing?
Throughout San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, and southern Alameda Counties, there are economic development professionals who share a vision that growth in our key business clusters benefits us all. The Silicon Valley Economic Development Alliance (EDA) is comprised of cities and counties focused on achieving individual and regional economic development goals while maximizing scarce resources. They are committed to addressing business needs, whether through local government policy and streamlined permitting processes, or linking businesses to local and regional resources that add value to company innovation and growth.
Why are we doing it?
Our goal is to provide a “one-stop concierge" service for businesses and organizations to connect with economic development professionals in Silicon Valley through our website, SiliconValleyOnline.org. The site is rich with information and resources, including:
- high-quality online commercial property listings to assist companies looking for locations in our area
- an interactive map of member jurisdictions
- resources guide for state and local tools and organizations
Leadership and members
Silicon Valley EDA is chaired by Edith Ramirez, Principal Planner/Economic Development Manager for the City of Morgan Hill. Twenty-three cities and counties are members of the Silicon Valley EDA, along with participation from neighboring jurisdictions and support organizations - download the current roster here.
What are the latest developments?
The marketing team wrote and executed on a strategic plan that emphasizes participation in organizations that advance the strategic interests of the EDA and its members. We have teamed with organizations such as:
- Silicon Valley Manufacturing Roundtable
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
The EDA hosts a Broker Breakfast series to brief the commercial real estate community on development activities in our member jurisdictions. Recent events include:
- South Bay - May 28, 2015 - Microsoft in Mountain View
- ICSC Alliance Program with Retail Runway on April 23, 2015 in Fremont at Pacific Commons/The Block
- Peninsula - Foster City, Menlo Park, Redwood City, San Carlos, San Mateo, and South San Francisco - January 29, 2015 - San Mateo Library
- ICSC Retail Runway - April 10, 2014 - Marriott in Fremont
What are the next steps?
- Publishing newsletter highlighting regional events and business news - subscribe by emailing us now
- Additional Broker Breakfasts throughout the region
- Planning additional industry partnership events with major Silicon Valley clusters in 2015
- Ongoing promotion of our region as a great place to grow a company
- Offering our members as resources to the business community through the website and other direct exchanges with key business sectors
Where do I find out more?
What is the Silicon Valley EDA?
The Silicon Valley EDA is a regional partnership of economic development professionals who bring together public and private resources to ensure the success of businesses in Silicon Valley.
EDA Member Cities
Click the map to learn about our member cities.
To contact the Silicon Valley Economic Development Alliance, contact Kara Gross, SVEDA Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit the EDA website
SiliconValleyOnline.org is everything you ever wanted to know about the Valley - and it's only one click away! Here you will learn about our major industry clusters and the business resources available to you, as well as link to our cities and counties.