ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT ALLIANCE
What are we doing?
Throughout San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, and southern Alameda Counties, there are economic development professionals who share a vision that growth in our key business clusters benefits us all. The Silicon Valley Economic Development Alliance (EDA) is comprised of cities and counties focused on achieving individual and regional economic development goals while maximizing scarce resources. They are committed to addressing business needs, whether through local government policy and streamlined permitting processes, or linking businesses to local and regional resources that add value to company innovation and growth.
Why are we doing it?
Our goal is to provide a “one-stop concierge" service for businesses and organizations to connect with economic development professionals in Silicon Valley through our website, SiliconValleyOnline.org. The site is rich with information and resources, including:
- high-quality online commercial property listings to assist companies looking for locations in our area
- an interactive map of member jurisdictions
- resources guide for state and local tools and organizations
Leadership and members
Silicon Valley EDA is chaired by Edith Ramirez, Principal Planner/Economic Development Manager for the City of Morgan Hill. Twenty-three cities and counties are members of the Silicon Valley EDA, along with participation from neighboring jurisdictions and support organizations - download the current roster here.
What are the latest developments?
The marketing team wrote and executed on a strategic plan that emphasizes participation in organizations that advance the strategic interests of the EDA and its members. We have teamed with organizations such as:
- Silicon Valley Manufacturing Roundtable
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
The EDA hosts a Broker Breakfast series to brief the commercial real estate community on development activities in our member jurisdictions. Recent events include:
- ICSC Alliance Program Retail Runway - April 10, 2014 - Fremont Marriott
- Major Development Opportunities Breakfast - Cupertino, East Palo Alto, Foster City, Fremont, Morgan Hill, Mountain View, Newark, Redwood City, San Carlos, San Jose, Santa Clara County, and Union City - October 23, 2013 - Turf Club at the Santa Clara County Fairgrounds
- Downtown-themed Breakfast - Los Altos, Los Gatos, Menlo Park, Mountain View, Palo Alto, and San Jose - June 27, 2013 - Garden Court Hotel in Palo Alto
- Dumbarton Corridor - Fremont, Newark, East Palo Alto, and Menlo Park - January 17, 2013 - Arrillaga Center in Menlo Park
What are the next steps?
- Publishing newsletter highlighting regional events and business news - subscribe by emailing us now
- Exploring issues in emerging business models, including co-working spaces and food trucks
- Planning additional industry partnership events with major Silicon Valley clusters in 2014
- Ongoing promotion of our region as a great place to grow a company
- Offering our members as resources to the business community through the website and other direct exchanges with key business sectors
Where do I find out more?